Valve cover venting........

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve cover venting........
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:58:02 EDT
Several weeks ago I presented a question to the group concerning valve cover
venting and if it was mandatory. The results I received indicated it was
definately necessary for proper engine performance. My question today still
relates to that issue.....Yesterday, a friend gave me one of the very nice
aluminum ribbed valve covers with an MG logo, its really gorgeous. This cover
is not vented....as opposed to drilling a hole in this beauty and spoiling
its authenticity are there any vented valve cover caps available? The chrome
cap that came with it has a small hole in the middle.....can I drill that out
and make it larger and achieve the venting effect that I need?
TIA........Bill Dillstrom

                                            62 MKII MGA Roadster