Re: MGB 18V Water Pump Pulley

To: "Rick Starkweather" <rstarkweather@scottmadden.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB 18V Water Pump Pulley
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:54:26 -0600
My Moss catalog indicates 434-307 would be the pulley for the 72-74 18V
engine. I believe there are three pulleys as you say.  The early single
pulley, the dual pulley with the longer necked water pump, and the later
pulley that uses the plastic fan.

You will have to check your water pump because the third pulley has a bit
different spacing on the bolt holes and the shape is a bit different. I do
have what I believe to be a later year pulley which would likely be 307-315
or a 315-325 (I know it doesn't fit on my 72 water pump nor does it have
the right hole pattern. I believe it goes with the plastic fan.

A picture -
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/mg/pulley31.jpg

I was going to sell it on Ebay but hadn't got to it yet.  Maybe someone can
confirm.

David