RE: advice: dual SU's in '78 MGB

To: "'Eric J Russell'" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: advice: dual SU's in '78 MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:42:47 -0700
Eric:

I tend to use the later cable for most modifications, the adjustable end is
useful.  You will need to cut the carb. end barrel off.  What I usually do
is take a butane torch and solder the wire just below the barrel, then cut
it off with tin snips, thus preventing any unraveling.

Use the 68-74 choke cable with T handle.  It seems to be easier to use than
the earlier round knob design, although it's 6 of one.

My favorite mounting hole is the switch blank on the top right of the dash,
although others have suggested throwing away the rheostat and installing it
there.  If you use the switch blank.  Make a pair of flat plates to
sandwhich the dash, with a hole in the center for the cable.

The stock early manifold and head pipe should slide right into the later
muffler, exhaust size and location is the same.

all the best

Kelvin