Re: Buying Moss parts -- distrubutors

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Buying Moss parts -- distrubutors
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:05:56 -0500
On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 09:07  PM, JAMES SCHULTE wrote:

> Don,Kelvin may want to speak to this. Distributors get a decent
> discount but in most cases charge for shipping where as Moss ships UPS
> free.

[snips]

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember paying for shipping when I
ordered from Moss.

The truth is, I like to receive Moss' mailings and I didn't want to be
dropped from their list, so I ordered a couple of cheap items (motor
mounts).  I'll admit that I plan on using LBC Co. for the majority of
my future Moss purchases. Their prices are always less than Moss, and
judging from their weekly emails, I like their friendly attitude.

FWIW:

Proper MG is cheaper than anyone on some items, but I don't get their
circulars anymore even though I bought a couple of floor pans from them
six months ago.

TRF is priced competitively with Moss and VB, but I'll admit that
wading through the Triumph parts to find the MGB stuff is a bit of a
pain.  Seems like a honest company though.

Kevin