Re: column aligning tool

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: column aligning tool
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 14:28:02 +0100
Doesn't need hefty nails, just pins.  The heavier the nail the less likely
the Blu-tak is to hold them in position.  You could use Blu-tak on its own
brought to a nice point, I used a length of copper wire wrapped round the
column with one end poking forward.  Measure from the centre of the spider
when it is in position to the end of each spider and that tells you how far
each point should be from the end of the shaft.  Rotating each shaft and
tweaking its point till it doesn't wobble will get it in line.  The rack and
column are aligned when the two points just touch.