Re: HIF-4 Overhaul Parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HIF-4 Overhaul Parts
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:17:50 -0400
Telewest (PH) wrote:
> Same here.  Just used the old ones with no problems.  Doesn't seem right
> though.

After sending the email, I dropped the bowl off the other SU. Pulled the
needle valve and noticed that it didn't have a gasket. I had
disassembled the other several days before and didn't remember.

Since the fiber washer for the float screw was in good shape on both, I
just reused them as well. MG now runs for the first time in five years!
Now I just need to get the brakes working again and it should be safe
for the road, if not the prettiest MGB around. I'm afraid she has to
wait until the Land-Rover is back in one piece before I can get to the
cosmetics.
--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems