Re: battery box

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: battery box
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:20:23 US/Mountain
Max is right - Group 26 fits if there are no flanges - and it is a tight
fit if you have something like the plastic battery box liners.  I ended up
putting in an Optima on it's end, and that fit too, but it was expensive.
No more battery issues though (of course I made other corrections at the
time that could have effected that).

Phil Bates
'67 MGB
'58 MGA

> I think you'll need a group 26, and one without any flanges on the base.
> Unless group 24 is smaller than group 26 -- I have no idea what these
> battery size terms refer to.
>
> on 5/27/03 8:22 AM, Paul Root at proot@iaces.com wrote:
>
> > The battery on my 'B seems to be dying. As in, if I didn't
> > have 3 or 4 activities with my kids every night, I'd be replacing
> > it tonight.
> >
> > I'm thinking I want to get a battery box from Moss, and I'm wondering
> > if the box requires a smaller than standard battery.
> >
> > This is a '77B so, a 12 volt. Group 24? Is that right? I'll look that
> > up.
>
> --
>
> Max Heim
> '66 MGB