delco alt conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: delco alt conversion
From: mark lennan <mlennan@crankyrobots.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:44:47 -0600
Anyone have experience/advice on Delco alt conversion for a 80 B?

I've been thru web sites that offer somewhat conflicting (or confusing
to my feeble brain...) instructions.

Everything seems pretty straightforward on mounting, etc. but the
problem is the wiring. One site states to connect the "large brown"
wire to one spot, the "smaller brown" wire to another and the striped
wire to yet another.

For the life of me, I can't tell the difference in the two "large"
brown wires...they appear to be the same size so I am concerned that I
may inadvertently fry some electronics by miss-wiring.

I did find another site that stated as an afterthought, to connect the
two large brown wires to the same terminal on the Delco, which sounds
contrary to the other site(s)...

Can anyone help/advise?

Thanks

Mark Lennan