Mailing Lists

To: mgs@autox.team.net
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:25:42 -0500
I'm in the middle of looking for a nice Series I XJ6 for my wife and in the
course of the research I've subscribed to the jaglovers XJ6 mailing list.
I've noticed something.

They sure are a talkative bunch. I get both in digest form and I've noticed
I generally get about two XJ digests to every MG digest.

Just an observation.

I've also come to a conclusion over the years about the difference in the
engineering between the two marques. I believe there was only one group of
designers and engineers alotted to automobiles in England back in the day
and they were given the job of designing all the cars made in England. They
were given one set of pencils and no sharpeners. They started on the Jags
and RR's when the pencils were sharp and they could draw little teeny parts
that locked together in very intricate patterns; then worked their way
through the rest of the bunch and wound up doing the MG's last - when the
pencils were dull and all they could draw was large thunky parts that kind
of fit but had to work.

Maybe there's a correlation between these two observations. Maybe not.

Glenn

Glenn Schnittke
Vice-President
Tennessee Spokes Sports Car Club