77 MGB wiring

To: MG listserv <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 77 MGB wiring
From: Robert Guinness <rjglaw@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:20:13 -0500
Please take pity on my poor ignorant, DPO inflicted soul.  Can anyone
with a "correct" 77 MGB send me digital photos showing in very close
detail, the wiring from  and to the coil, distributor, and fuse block.
 I have no clue where to begin unravelling the mystery of what wires the
DPO cut off to install a 25D distributor.  There is not even a wire
feeding the coil.  There is an obviously DPO "installed" red wire
threaded through the heater cable outlet in the firewall.  It goes to
the proximity of the steering column.  By the way, were does that purple
wire with the flange "thingy" dangling from the ignition switch supposed
to go?  Any photos of the wiring under the steering cowl would be a
bonus. As my neighbor Gryf Ketcherside says in haiku What was he
thinking? : He, cursed above all others : Previous owner

Thanks
Robert Guinness