Re: Ignitor effect on tach

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Ignitor effect on tach
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:11:25 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <bill.marianna.graham@attglobal.net>; <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 3:58 AM

> I have seen waveforms of
>Pertronix ignition and it had a much longer period of oscillation or
'noise'
>than standard points.
 >This noise will cause multiple pulses at the tach,
> and if the duration exceeds that which the tach is expecting it will cause
> high readings.

Bill: Which Ignitor was installed (original or the Ignitor II)?

Paul: Which Ignitor version did you scope?

>From what i've read the Ignitor II uses a microprocessor to dynamically
adjust the dwell to suit the rpm.  If the original Ignitor has the
oscillation noise that Paul has seen, I would think (hope), the II version
would fix that with improved filtering.

 I'm comtemplating installing the Ignitor II in my 70B and would like to
hear from others who installed this version.

Thanks

Jeff