More Victoria British

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Victoria British
From: "NSippel" <nsippel@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:54:57 -0400
The thread re. lack of service at VB rings true.

When I bought my 1980 MGB back in 1993, VB was the first place I ordered
parts.  Found them through an ad somewhere I guess.  Then I found Moss, TRF
& finally Brit-Tek (a Moss dealer).

I once asked an order-taker at VB to measure something for me.  Her response
was, "Oh.  We can't do that."  My response since then has been, and will
continue to be, "I can't tolerate a lack of customer service."  That means
VB will not get any of my hard-earned MG bucks.

In the ten years of over-spending on my MG's & Spridget-powered Turner, I
have spent most dollars at Brit-Tek, followed by Moss.  The only time I ever
bought from VB was when they had something neither BT or MM carried.  And, I
knew it was EXACTLY what I need.  Why?  Because just like many others on
this list and among my MG acquaintances, I found out that VB does NOT offer
service.  Their order-takers might be nice old ladies, but they know NOTHING
about our cars.  The people at Moss, especially Kelvin Dodd (on this list)
and Bob Ford at Brit-Tek are not only extremely knowledgeable about MG's,
but they will also go out of their way to do anything to help a customer.
That kind of service is worth more than occasionally slightly lower prices.

It's the same with cell phone service, hardware stores (as opposed to Home
Despot), and any other retailer.  I want good service and good merchandise
ALL the time.  AND, I'm willing to pay for it.  The good service, good
advice and dedication to our hobby is what makes Moss, Brit-Tek & others
mentioned on this Digest companies we should go out of our way to support.
They are doing that for us.  We should do that for them.

My $.02.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB