Re: How big of a bore?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How big of a bore?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:09:49 +0930
On Tuesday, Jun 10, 2003, at 14:50 Australia/Adelaide, Larry Colen
wrote:

> Not me. My block. It's already .040" over. How big can you go?

You will some varying answers to this but mine would be "as big as you
can".

.090 (big bore) is still considered fairly "standard" and there are
kits readily available for this.  But of course there are people who
take things to the extreme but of course the 2 litre + overbore is not
known for its longevity - with the exception proving the rule as we
have a 2 litre 'B racer that has been doing great lap times for a few
years now (while another blew up on the dyno before it had turned ONE
lap).

I will stick with my .040 over for now.  4 cylinders rule!

YMMV (considerably)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia