Overdrive care

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive care
From: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:26:05 -0400
I've just recently gotten my '70 B out of the garage after a long idle time
and am driving it again while my other car is in the shop.  This MGB has
factory overdrive and it seems to work just fine.

My questions  - Are there any special precautions that I should know about
in using the overdrive that might make it last a little longer?

Does the oil that you put into the transmission flow into the overdrive as
well?  (I assume there is oil in there)  Or is there a separate check that I
should be doing for the fluid level in the OD

If it should 'fail' (in a way that prevents it from shifting back and forth)
is there a specific position that it defaults to?  My guess is that since it
only works in 3rd and 4th gear, that it would 'fail' in the 'out' position.

Thanks,  John Graham - Charlotte, NC