Re: Rear Axle Oil Change - Dumb Question #1

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Oil Change - Dumb Question #1
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:33:11 -0400
-----Original Message-----
Okay, I'm ready to change the oil in my rear axle (68 BGT) for the first
time, and I can't figure what tool to remove the drain plug or full/level
plug with.  To large for a 3/8" drive, too small for a 1/2" drive.  What do
you use?

Go to any hardware store and buy the following 3/8" pipe fittings: 6" nipple
(or any length pipe, really), 90 degree elbow, plug.  Put it all together
nice and tight and you have the perfect  rear end drain plug wrench for a
few bucks.  The reason this works is that the male square drive on the plug
is the same dimension as the female drive on the drain plug.

Dean