Looking for a nice MGA

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for a nice MGA
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:37:36 -0400
I'm in the market for a finished MGA.

I'm the original owner of my TR250 which is under restoration, and I
have a 73 MGB and a BMH MGB Body shell in the crate with '68 and '69 MGB
parts cars to go with it. I have plenty of work to do. But I'd still
like a finished MGA -- one without much or any work.

Looks like I can get a nice one on eBay for $12K to $15K. I'm finding
out with my TR250 restoration that I can probably buy a finished one for
less than the cost of restoring one. Plus if I pay $15K for a nice MGA
and drive it on sunny days at 3K miles per year, I'll probably be able
to sell it for about what I paid for it. It's almost like money in the
bank with some fun along the way. Maybe not perfect but lots better that
spending $30K on a new SUV and loosing $10K on it in the first couple of
years.

Are there any good books or sources of information -- buyers guides --
for the MGA. Roger Williams wrote a great book on the TR250 and TR6 and
I have both of Lindsay Porter's books on the MGB. Lots of good
information  about what to look for -- where they rust etc. Questions to
ask. Anything similar for the MGA?

Anyone have a nice MGA for sale?

Thanks,

Don Malling