Re: targanewfoundland. Potential LBC content

To: rowman22001@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: targanewfoundland. Potential LBC content
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:42:03 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/03 1:29:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rowman22001@yahoo.com writes:

> Good points, all.  It's the speed event that I hope to
> enter in 2004, and although it's not cheap, USD$3300
> for a flat-out targa event on closed public roads is
> pretty comparable to what many such events run.  And
> there's not too many of these events around,
> particularly in North America!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is a list of Performance Rallies in the USA.  All are stage rallies on
closed, public roads, and all are run at high speeds on the closed stages.
 w ww.scca.org/amateur/performance_rally/prorally/2003/index.html

The biggest difference is that some of these roads will be unpaved or gravel,
and Targa Newfoundland states that all road are paved.

Take a look at the Maine Forest Rally, the closest to Newfoundland, on Aug
2nd.  The ClubRally, which you would probably be interested in because you
aren't going for a National championship, is $500.  You can probably still
register
for it.

Make sure you get the Performance Rally Rule book, available from the w
ww.scca.org web site.  It will tell you everything you need to know about the
car
and what you need to bring.

Don't count out all of the TSD RoadRally events either.  They state that all
speeds are legal, but believe me, many are at the limit!  The divisional and
national rallies are the most challenging.  I ran the Catoctin Monte
(Frederick, MD) a few years ago.  In spite of having 18 zero legs out of 23
legs, we
still came in third (SOP class)!

Copy and paste the above links into your browser.  Because I use AOL, you
will have to remove the extra space, between the first two w's.  (Sorry!)

Good luck!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)