Re: MGB ('66) Windshield Frame Paint(?)

To: Colleen LaPlante <colleenlaplante@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB ('66) Windshield Frame Paint(?)
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:44:05 -0700 (PDT)
The very early B's had a bright work frame but then they changed to an anodized
finish over the aluminum casting. I had a similar situation as you and elected
to take the finish off and just have the polished aluminum casting which only
takes a touch up every now and then with polish. There a few ways to take the
finish off, using a power buffer with progressive rouges is the best/fastest
way. Did I do it that way??No, I spent hours and hours hand rubbing it with
first OOOO steel wool and then rubbing compound and then polishing compound. It
came out dfabulous but what a lot of work.
Carl French

Colleen LaPlante <colleenlaplante@attbi.com> wrote:
I'm replacing the windshield in my '66 MGB roadster, and decided to clean up
some dings and nicks in the frame. However, having polished the frame nicks
out, the worked on area is much brighter than the surrounding areas of the
frame. Were these frames painted? Or is it just oxidation that I've now
removed and eventually it will oxidize and match the rest of the frame? If
they were painted - whats availble that is a good match?

Thanks, Bryan