Re: Distributor switch

To: "Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor switch
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:54:31 +0100
Straight swap, but the curves will probably be different.  So you could get
pinking where you didn't before, or not so much performance/economy as you
did before.  But even that would depend on the relative conditions of the
two distributors.  If the one from the 74 is a 45D you should be able to
swap bits between bodies to end up with one having the weights and springs
from the original with the cam and points plate from the replacement.  Then
check the max advance of the cams.