The real Larry's married!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The real Larry's married!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:55:34 EDT
There hasn't been any mention about Larry Macy's wedding on Sunday!  I was
there and a good time was had by all.

Larry arrived in the passenger's seat of his '79 Midget, in top hat and
tails.  His driver was best man, Reg Kennedy.  Of course, Larry caught his tail
(coat tail) in the car door, so he sported a nice greasy spot all day.

Larry and Theresa were married in their back yard.  The rain held off all
morning and until after the wedding, but the mud was amazing.  They had a nice
big tent and a wonderful catered meal including a roast pig, but the green mats
on the ground were not solid and the mud was everywhere.  Theresa had a 6" mud
ring at the bottom of her dress by day's end.

The rain started as they brought out the cake, so all the LBC owners
scrambled to put their hoods up.  I think there were about 7 or 8 LBCs in
attendance,
mostly Bs, two were V8s, one BGT.  All of the LBCs were beautiful, and Larry
had us park closest to the tent.  Poor chuck had to park his Lust Bus way down
the road in a parking lot and took the shuttle!

Larry started his part of the ceremony by reading an e-mail from Frank C.,
who couldn't be there.  Their vows were beautiful, and they both looked very
happy.  They leave on Sunday for an Alaska cruise, so send Larry your best
wishes
when he signs back on the list.

Jodie and I sat with chuck c. and Martha, and also Jim Schulte and Karen from
the MG list.  Mark et al was also at our table, but I don't think he is on
the lists and I can't remember his last name!  (Sorry, Mark!)

Quite a mix of interesting people.  Most of the wedding was a throwback to
the '60s.  Larry in tails and sandals, Theresa in a white dress and white
thongs
(No, not THOSE thongs, the shoe kind!) trying to stay mostly out of the mud.

Like a said, a great time, and most of the mud washed out!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)