Re: MGA - determining year

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA - determining year
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
Tab Julius SEZ -
> I doubt that it would constitute "legal" proof, but for many years the year
> of the vehicle could be found imprinted on the rear lights (either the
> brake lights or backup lights).  If you have a number of lights that
> indicate '60', then that's a clue, though I don't know that your state
> would accept that as proof.

I thought only Guide (the GM lighting subsidiary) did that.
I've never seen a year on a Lucas lens.  But since MG used
the same lights year after year, I doubt that a date on a
lens, even if there was one, could be considered proof of
the age of the car.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do