Re: HS4 Carb problem

To: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS4 Carb problem
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:05:59 -0600
There is a flat rubber gasket that goes on the end of the line which then
goes in the float bowl. I think these come in the carb kits but I have yet
to see anyone sell them separately.

I did make an emergency roadside repair of a leak of this kind once. I
could hear the fuel as it dripped on the exhaust when I parked my car (71
BGT at that time) at the mine office (back when I worked at a coal mine).
After I determined the source of the leak and that the gasket had
disintegrated, I was able to go  to the warehouse (in the same building)
and get the closest match rubber o-ring. After a quick fix in the parking
lot, I was able to go without any leaks, not worrying about the gasket
until my next carb rebuild years later. The o-ring is not quite the same
since its round and not flat but the inner diameter was the key dimension.
Such o-rings should be available at any hardware store.

David Councill
67 BGT brg
72 B black tulip