rubber bumpers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: rubber bumpers
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 08:39:32 -0400
Saw a couple of questions about renewing rubber bumpers on the list and
wanted to relay a story about my wife's black-bumpered Volvo 240. It
was in the body shop recently because someone clipped it while it was
parked. Rather than replace the bumper with a new one, the shop opted
to sand and clean it up. Now this is a 10 year old car that's spent
most of its life outdoors (albeit in California). I was skeptical. But
the results are amazing. It looks and feels like a new bumper. I'm not
sure if the Volvo's bumpers' are the same as the B's. But if they could
look half as good, it's probably worth trying. Perhaps someone on the
list has done it.

Joseph
67 MGB Roadster
(Shiny bumpers thanks to Simichrome.)