Re: Lift the Dot stud - MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lift the Dot stud - MGB
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:57:07 +0200
Eric -

IIRC, the first three studs you get at through the opening behind that
panel.
You have to remove the triangular plate that supports the soft top(hood)
frame (3 bolts) in order to fully remove the panel, and then you can get
your arm in there.
You need small arms and flexible hands to reach all the way back, but it's
there.

The 4th stud and the clips for the rear bar, BTW, you get at from the
trunk(boot) - there is a small opening that you can just slide a wrench
through - I used masking tape to secure the nut to the wrench till I managed
to position it in the right place.

Fiddly jobs, you'll probably lose some skin, but doable.

Further proof that there were midgets with 7-foot-long multi-jointed arms
working at Abingdon (no offense to any of you long armed midgets out there).

RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv
A person needs only three tools: WD-40, duct tape,
and a BFH (Big F****** Hammer)
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves and it shouldn't, use the tape.
If it doesn't work, hit it with the hammer.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.