RE: Solihull Developments

To: "'WSpohn4@aol.com'" <WSpohn4@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Solihull Developments
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:33:57 -0700
> One is that they have no value when you are done. There's a
> great one for sale here for 2K Can. Restoring them is a
> labour of love, not commerce, and many had their engines
> ripped out to stick in all manner of other LBC's.
>
> Bill

The SD1 I have was in good shape, and purchased for a very reasonable price
after I promised not to part it out.  The owner had two other interested
parties who only wanted the engine and trans, but the car was too nice to
let that happen.

After some brake work and performance tweaks I am really enjoying the car.
It fits the bill for a high performance four seater until I can get time to
restore my Jaguar 3.8S.  Total investment so far is about $3000 which
includes headers, tires, Koni struts, lowered springs, 4bbl carb. and
manifold.  Since I have no intentions of selling the car, it's resale value
is of no consequence.

It's also nice that it shares engine, transmission components and tuning
parts with the MGB V8 and Morgan +8 I'm building.

There is a big Morgan event in a couple of weeks time, and I've been
thinking of bolting on the Morgan +8 15" wheels and showing up as a Morgan
+8 5 seater.  :)

Kelvin.