Re: in-line fuse

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: in-line fuse
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:55:24 +0100
71 to 74 model years had the washers, wipers and heater fan powered from the
accessories position of the ignition switch (before and after that it was
the 'run' position).  These had their own in-line fuse immediately below the
fusebox, white/green (from the switch) one side and green/black (to the
wipers etc.).  As others have said the standard 17 amp rated, 35amp blow is
the correct fuse but your 25amp should be fine, so you have a short.
Temporarily wire a high-wattage bulb e.g. and old headlamp in place of the
fuse and while the short is present it will glow at full brightness.  Start
disconnecting green/blacks at the wiper motor, wiper switch, heater fan
switch, and washer motor and when you have disconnected the short the bulb
will go out.  There are also a couple of four-way bullet connectors in the
wiring which should also help in breaking down where the short is.