Re: 12 volt B battery size?

To: "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>, BarrMark262@aol.com
Subject: Re: 12 volt B battery size?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:00:12 -0600
I used the Sears DieHard Group 26 with a pullhandle. I also have the
plastic battery box, and the group 26 is a snug fit. That is why the handle
is critical for easy removal.

As far as dimensions, I think the 26 or any other battery that fits is
going to be similar in size to the 19L. This is the 6 volt battery used by
the old VW bug. In case you need to look up sizes. Back in the old days,
maybe 20 or so years ago, I at one time substituted the 19L for the 17HF 6
volters as the 19L was more common. And it seemed like it had a bit more
power. But it was hell pulling them in and out of the battery bins, not
like the much looser fitting 17HFs.

My 67 BGT still uses the 2 17HF six volters. My 72B is my tester for the 12
volt, group 26. I'll see how it works when it gets back down to 20 below
zero in about four or five months.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B