RE: body work - thanks

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: body work - thanks
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:56:59 -0700
Thanks for all the info on the filler on primer or bare metal.

FYI, the primer I have used is PPG DZ3, an acrylic primer. The primer
info does not call it a self-etching primer, but I first treated it with
a metal cleaner and a metal conditioner that should have taken care of
that part of it. At least the PPG info implies that.

The filler I have on hand is the Evercoat Everglass waterproof short
strand fiberglass reinforced filler. The waterproof aspects of it would,
I assume take care of the moisture holdout problem. The instructions say
it CAN be used on bare metal because of its special adhesion additive,
but it doesn't say it MUST be used on bare metal.

>From the majority of the replies (and keep them coming, please), it
appears I should put the filler on bare metal. Not a problem.

Thanks again for the help

Howard