RE: TRF Experience/now carpet rant

To: "'Chuck Renner'" <crenner@dynalivery.com>, MG_List
Subject: RE: TRF Experience/now carpet rant
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:34:11 -0700
> One thing which TRF sells that I haven't seen elsewhere is a correct
> color carpet kit for the late MGBs.  Everyone sells black carpets, and
> tan carpets, but they never put together the black and tan
> combination.

You know, one thing that has always confused me is WHY would anybody want a
non-matching bloody carpet kit?

Not casting aspersions at TRF.  I think it is great that they are offering
the kit.  It just seems like such a silly product to want to buy.

If I bought a car that had one black seat and one brown seat, I think I
would want the seats matching.  The fact that the MG factory made a bunch of
cars with non-matched carpet pieces doesn't necessarily make it a "good
thing".

Sorry, if this seems like a rant, my 79 had black n tan and just looked daft
IMHO.  It now has a much prettier brown carpet, which goes well with the new
beige seats.

Kelvin.  (who is taking the day off tomorrow to get started on his B (her B)