Re: steering wheel again

To: libhart@cox.net
Subject: Re: steering wheel again
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:09:33 -0700 (PDT)
Martin Libhart SEZ -
> I give up!  Still working to remove steering wheel from 77 mgb.  This is the
> molded wheel with the small plastic motif disc that snaps into center to
> conceal the 1" nut.  Is there anything else to release besides the nut to pull
> wheel off of splined shaft???

I had a terrible time getting the wheel loose on my 68 MGB.  I just
finally loosened the nut a couple turns and drove the car around.
After about a month of regular driving, the wheel came loose.  Be
sure to check the nut every few days to make sure it isn't coming too
far off itself.  Sorry that's the best solution I can come up with.

--
David Breneman                     | "I don't care to belong to a club
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  that accepts people like me