Re: MGB Tire Size

To: LBCarCoMail@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Tire Size
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,I have a "new" 63 Pull Handle B to replace me '71 Emmett and have ordered
new Dayton 72 Spoke Tubeless wheels as the wires on the LBC are pretty well
shot.  Looking to replace with Dunlop's, but the 165/14 are not available.  Any
good suggestions on a comparable tire size for the stock look?  I don't want
fat wide tires or low profile.;)  Thanks.Jeff, there are a few options left out
there for you to chose from. There is www.cokertire.com

There is www.talontire.com and www.universaltire.com The alst I knew all three
had options out there. Talon being the cheapest but if you are going for a
vintage look and feel then Coker has the best options. They have many original
Michelin molds and are making XAS and X I believe right now. They are not cheap
but they looked great on the car and they handled very well also. If you wanted
they also have a few options in Bias ply including authentic wide whitewalls
such as were used on some of the original B ads.

You will pay accordingly but I had the XASs and really liked them.

Carl French