Re: Oil Filters, was A snake?

To: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filters, was A snake?
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:03:32 +0100
That's the right number.

I was never very happy with the complaint, I didn't see how it could be
caused by the filters.  The complaint was that, as well as slow oil
pressure,  when unscrewing the filters no oil ran out and they were empty,
even shortly after running the engine with oil pressure.  Mine are inverted,
and oil pours out everywhere when I unscrew them.  When it's off and I look
down on the top I can see several large holes in the top plate with oil
below them.  Inverted, there is no way that the filter is not going to
empty - that side of it anyway, unless something in the head it screws to
stops it.

Paul.