Re: Free carfax reports today....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Free carfax reports today....
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:28:28 -0700 (PDT)
This is pretty interesting. I ran my '95 VW Jetta as I am in the process
of looking to replace it (Audi A4 1.8Tq, in all probability) and figured
it would be nice to have for a prospective buyer.... I also wanted to see
what it listed about my November 1997 accident. Carfax had nothing at all
about this accident! It appears they only list 'severe' accidents - but
mine cost my insurance company $11,066.04 to repair! This was on a car
that was just over 2 years old and had about 53,000 miles on it and cost
$17,450 when new... (Still don't know why thet didn't total it but I am
glad they didn't....) Air bags accounted for over $3500 of that total,
BTW....

Of course, now I have a dliemma - do I admit to the accident or not?? I
intend to treat this like an IRS audit - answer any questions asked
truthfully but don't volunteer information!

Anyone want to buy a clean, 1 owner VW Jetta....?  ;-)

--- Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, no good for vehicles made after 1981, since the 17-digit
> VIN wasn't used before that - according to Carfax....
>
> --- "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net> wrote:
> > I saw this on another list I am on and thought I would pass it along:
> >
> > ---------------------------------------
> > A local TV station in CA is running a promo with Carfax for free
> reports
> >
> > ending today.  You do have to provide them (carfax) with an email
> > address, but if you're curious, you can get a report on your car
> without
> >
> > imposing on some kind member of the list.
> >
> > http://beta.kpix.com/xtra/focus/shopping/used_cars.html
> >
> > Follow the first link to Carfax, and you should be good.

=====
Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)