RE: crack of doom repair, drivers side floor replacement

To: "'Max Heim'" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: crack of doom repair, drivers side floor replacement
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:31:48 -0700
Max:

Surely you jest.  : )

If you can get by with just replacing the front section, then do that.  Make
sure to check the rear outer corner of the floor, because this double
section tends to also get damaged.  If it is, then do the whole pan.  Many
times only the front well is damaged, and I would recomend only replacing as
much as is necessary.  Any time the factory spot welds are cut, the chassis
will never be the same so you want to be conservative.

my two cents.

Kelvin.

 Only the front half needs replacing. I think I can get