4.30 Ring & Pinion Wanted

To: "Vintage Race Digest" <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 4.30 Ring & Pinion Wanted
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:43:26 -0400
Last week, I took the MGB to Lime Rock for a day of pre-Watkins Glen
testing.  Changes from last race are 45DCOE on Fab-Tek intake manifold &
4.55 locked diff.

The Weber works great!

The 4.55 is ok for Lime Rock - IF - the overdrive would cooperate.  It
seldom did.  After shifting into o.d. at 6500 on the main straight, revs
came down to about 5200.  And, more often than not, half way through the
area in which I would have stayed in o.d., it disengaged.  Thankfully,
7,000+ rpm's isn't fatal for this engine.  But, it convinced me that while
the 4.55 might be fine for NHIS, for LRP and many other tracks, I really
need a 4.30.  And, I think for The Glen, I'll stick with the 3.90.

BUT, I'm in the market for a 4.30.  Anyone out there have one in good
condition for sale?

I've already sent an email to the trans-builder re. the overdrive.  Still
waiting for his reply.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB