Looking for valves???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for valves???
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:15:37 -0400
I'm in need of a couple of valves and wondering if someone might be able
to help me out.  I'm currently building a motor for my '72 MGB and am
tackling head modifications.  I have managed to mangle the ports,
pockets, and combustion chambers and am at a point where it will be
headed (no pun intended) to the machine shop for a good three angle valve
job.  After I get it back, I will have to finish blending the new exhaust
seats into the chamber.  This is where the need for valves come in.  I'm
looking for an old intake and exhaust valve which can be faced such that
they are flush with the combustion chamber so I can finish the chamber
work with risking further mangling of the seats.  Unfortunately, my
valves are in good shape so I have no spare valves for this purpose (a
classic example of glass half empty???)  So, I was wondering if anyone
had any old valves they might like to part with?  The only criteria is
that the stems are in good condition so they will fit in the guides.
Condition of the valves themselves is not important.

Thanks for the help

Dale Osterndorf
'72 MGB (long term project)
'73 Lotus Europa (longer term project)
'76 TR6 (On the road when it's not raining)