MGBGT to MG MIDGET Steering wheel swap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGBGT to MG MIDGET Steering wheel swap
From: "Philip E.E Bacon" <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:33:27 -0400
Listers:
         I'd like to have a smaller steering wheel on my '67 BGT, but don't want
to lose the nice chrome spoke look of the early B wheel.  I understand
(?) that an early Midget wheel (64-67) will fit fine on the early splined
B steering column, and the horn push will transfer also.   The Midget
wheel has two chromed spokes versus three on the B and is 14" dia versus
16" on the early B.   Can anyone confirm this (before I order one from
Moss)?  I tried this with a later Midget wheel but it wouldn't fit, as
apparently the column mounting splines changed sizes in 1968.