Oil Filters - JiffyLube

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Filters - JiffyLube
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 06:55:54 -0500
  For more than you want to know about oil filters go to
http://www.minimopar.net/index.html. I stumbled across him years ago. He took
as many filters he could find and took them apart. Click on Tech Data and find
the oil information link on that page.

When I first saw the study he recommended only the Delco oil filter. A number
of years later, the conclusions were watered down. I suspected that he was
contacted by some lawyer who told him to be careful of what he said.

I still follow the Delco recommendation. You can get a longer filter that
works just fine and has more filtering capacity.

JIFFY LUBE!

I had hoped someone would defend the folks. Granted the employees are
unskilled, but I have been doing business with the same outfit for years. I
was attracted to them because I didn't have to stand there while they sold PCV
valves and air filters to widows who didn't need them.

I have taken both my MG and Austin Healey 3000 to them at one time or another.
The first time I couldn't find all the grease points on the front end, but the
tech was well trained and  found them easily. The Healey barely fit, but was
barley high enough to clear. The manager was so hands on that he bought the
facility and runs it as an independent company. I never have trouble when I
want to bring stuff for him to use.

Bottom line. Find an outfit you can trust for your regular drivers, and they
should be O.K. for your MG.

Jack