Re: Midget rear brakes

To: Brian Carr <bcarr1180@earthlink.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget rear brakes
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:01:55 +0200
Exiting such 1st start! I still can feel the thrill of my GT starting in
2000 after last time it ran in 1990!

For the adjuster is a special little wrench available - not expensive and
worth while to purchase.
Still the adjuster might be stuck and this does not help much perhaps.
Next is to loosen the drum - look in the proper drawing / manual how to do.
Rostyle or w/w wheels are a bit different here.

Anyway if the drum fixings are loose, try to tap lightly on all sides of the
drum to see if it comes free.
I suggest replacing the cylinder and adjuster for safety.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT