Re: Bogus Emails

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bogus Emails
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:12:14 -0700
Lew,

I think that most of us realize that the "from" address is bogus and that
the virus will take any name it has picked up and used as a "from".  It's a
waste of time even bothering about these things - Just "Delete" and forget!!

I hope they give that "blaster" chap 10 years - hard labour !!!!.....AND
the fine!!!

At 08:18 PM 8/31/2003 -0500, Lew Palmer wrote:
>To the MG List
>

>I have reason to believe that my email address has been used in spreading
>the recent round of viruses. Trust me that I have not been the originator of
>these viruses, nor has my machine been used in sending them. I routinely
>check my machines for any virus or worm and, as a result, am rarely
>infected. I believe my address simply was used in sending infected messages
>to apparently random email addresses.
>

>I apologize if anyone has received an infected message with my email address
>as the source, but I can say with certainty that I was not the true source.
>I also do not store any list member's email addresses in my address book.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Lew Palmer
>
>Roundabout Motors, Ltd.

Regards