Windscreen Blues

Subject: Windscreen Blues
From: "Ross Bateman" <ross@rcsa.co.za>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:50:34 +0200
Hi

Last night I trail fitted the frame of my 68B Roadster Windscreen to make
sure I had the correct length screws in the right place to try and avoid
shattering the glass.

Everything went well until I got to the top rail, passenger side.

The screws stripped in the rail bracket. This was with no force at all and
each time I tried a new screw, the same result.

It does not look like it will be very easy to remove the bracket from the
rail so does anybody have a suggestion on what I can try to sort this mess
out.

Thanks,

Ross
1968 MGB Roadster Blog