Re: Re: head retorquing question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: head retorquing question
From: "Harold Pulcher" <pulcher@killercomputing.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:02:12 -0500
Fully unbolt.  In some cases the bolt came out before the bolt would loosen.
Just meant that the nut was tighter on the bolt than the bolt was tight in
the block.

He then used a bit of oil on the threads.  Pretty much the same reasoning as
others have stated.  To get and even amount of friction on all surfaces so
that the torque reading would be accurate.

Harold