RE: Knock offs to bolt ons

To: <Goracef1@cs.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Knock offs to bolt ons
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:49:20 -0400
If you are converting back to bolt-ons after a conversion to wires using
an adapter kit (that is, you have a bolt-on rear end), then all you have
to do is switch hubs at all four corners.  In this case, the job is a
snap.  If you have a wire wheel rear end you have two options: 1) switch
complete rear end to the slightly wider bolt-on variety, or 2) just put
bolt-on hubs on a wire wheel rear end.  The second option will bring
your wheels inboard approximately > inch on each side.  You can
accommodate this by using inexpensive spacers.  Or you can do like I did
and get Panasport 15x7 wheels and mount some pretty serious rubber.
Using a Panhard rod and a couple spacers I have squeezed in 205/50/15s
with no alteration of the fenders  not even the lips.

Cheers,

Dean