Engine kits, rebuilding and Moss Supercharger

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine kits, rebuilding and Moss Supercharger
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:07:16 -0400
I have the same question. Could the replies be kept on list.

I plan to use the Moss supercharger, and would be interested in any
implications of that, like which cam etc. Specifically can I install a
non stock "hotter" cam and still use the supercharger? In the event I
remove the supercharger for some reason, I might still like to have a
"better" cam in it. On the other hand I have read that the stock cam for
the MGB is pretty good -- very unlike the stock cam for my TR250.

I think the stock compression on a B is 9.0:1? I've been told to not
exceed 9.5:1 on the TR250 for 93 octane pump gas. I assume this is the
same for the B? I assume I must stay with stock compression for the
supercharger? Again, it would be nice to have a better than stock engine
should I decide to remove the supercharger for some reason.

Any way to detune the supercharger -- less boost -- if I have a higher
compression ratio? Different pulley maybe?

I'm also interested in how the Brit-Tek distributor would work with the
Moss supercharger.

http://www.brittek.com/ultimateignitionkit.html

Thanks,

Don Malling