RE: 1622 MGA camchaft timing

To: "'Dave B. Hammond'" <dbh@hamengr.com>, "'MG List'"
Subject: RE: 1622 MGA camchaft timing
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:12:34 -0500
Dave,

I'm not near my MGA manuals at the moment, but you should be able to mark
the new gear(s) by referring to the old gears. Position the old and new
side-by-side and mark the new one by counting the teeth rotationally from
the keyway slot. It's pretty obvious if you're off a tooth either way, so
transferring the marks by counting should work fine.

If the old gears also don't have a timing mark, email me off net and I'll
chase down my shop manual.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer