Re: Engine Swapp pt.3

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swapp pt.3
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:00:04 -0700
Look, just think for a minute. Is an inline 6 going to fit in your Midget
(especially the big Triumph unit)? So why even talk about it? Now, I have
seen a 454 Chevy in a bugeye Sprite, but that was a novelty, not an attempt
to create an improved road car.

I am sure someone somewhere has done an engine transplant, but don't expect
miracles. The "spridget" list might be a better source of info on this
subject.

On the other hand, the 1275 is very amenable to tuning, and the 74 model is
to some extent handicapped by anti-smog components. It is more than likely
that you could achieve what you are seeking by tuning the 1275 acording to
the book "How to Power Tune the A Series Engine", available at the usual
sources.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149