Re: Fuel Pump

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:18:15 -0700
My guess is that you have a non-standard fuel pump. The original SU type
clicks a few times at start-up, and then is mostly quiet. But some people,
apparently deterred by exaggerated reports of unreliability, feel compelled
to replace them with generic pumps which run all the time. So first you need
to determine what type of pump you have. Useful references would include the
Moss Motors MGB catalog, and the Factory Service Manual (often referred to
as "Bentley" for the name of the publisher that reprints it). Then look
under the right rear of the car, just in front of the axle and below the
battery box.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149