front covers

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: front covers
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:47:45 -0500
I took the front cover (Moss p.6 #460085) off the 79 to replace the gasket
and it had a hairline crack in it which I (stupidly) tried to weld shut (got
a new welder for Christmas, you know:-) and succeeded in burning a hole in
it of course. So I went to the 74 parts car and took the front cover off it.
It looks as though it fits the 79 fine with the exception that the tube that
comes out of it is a little different shape. But looking through Moss, it
shows that the cover off the 18V motor in the 74 is not supposed to fit. Is
there a reason that it won't work, even though it looks like the one on the
79?
Monte