mud shield

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mud shield
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:31:43 -0500
Hi all,
        So over the weekend, I changed the oil and anti-
freeze on the B. And I have a couple of questions regarding
the mud shield. Oh, and the heater valve.

        Mine is getting pretty beat up. One of the angled pieces
is gone and a couple of bolt holes are ripped.

        Does it have a function in cooling or is it just as the name
implies just a block to try to keep junk out of the front of the engine
bay?

        And second, for Kelvin, how is Moss coming along with a replacement
item for this? I remember last year you asking for one
in good shape (obviously mine doesn't qualify) to make a new one out
of plastic.

        Third, I still didn't feel much heat coming from the heater, so
I popped off the valve top and added another washer on the stem. I think
my washers are too big for the job, and aren't really doing much. Has
anyone else done this modification? If so, what size washers do you use?
I'll dig up the web site if anyone needs it.

Thanks,
Paul.

-- ______
   /    _ \   Paul T. Root <proot@iaces.com>
  /  /||  \\  600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S
||\/ ||  _ | Minneapolis, MN  55413
||   ||   || PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155
  \   ||__//  WRK: +1 (612) 664-3385
   \______/