Re: TWO MGA CONVERTABLES FOR THE PRICE OF FOUR. What a deal?

To: "steve devine" <stevedevine@rcn.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TWO MGA CONVERTABLES FOR THE PRICE OF FOUR. What a deal?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:30:45 -0500
At 01:59 AM 10/13/03 -0500, steve devine wrote:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6314&item=2436886142
>
>  Can someone please circle the right answer. Reasons to pay this much
>
>A/   Does $22000 a piece sound right. I thought it said $2200

Maybe.  How much does a new Miata cost?
How much would that be worth in 5 years combared to the MGA?
What does it cost to pay someone else to restore an MGA?
In the right light, it doesn't sound too out of line to me (but not cheap
either).

>  B/  Anxiety attack?
>
>  C/  One upmanship from bidder to bidder!
>
>   D/  A glue sniffing contest!

Aren't those all the same thing?

>   E/  Significant other will not submit until in driver seat.

There are cheaper ways.

>   F/ Other.

Some people have a wierd way of speculative investing.
Some people just want a new one NOW.

>   G/ Barney Gaylord hit the Lottory and went wild.

Wishful thinking.

>   If its other let me know what it is.

Nothing unusual.  Supply and demand, and a dealer/agent doing normal
business trying to get top dollar.  Like all auctions, if you like it, buy
it.  If not, let some other sucker have it.  And you can ignore the
$35,000+ numbers noted from earlier auctions.  The highest prices ever paid
for an MGA have no bearing on reality.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru/com